Doctoral Study – International and Diplomatic Studies
Duration: 3 years
Professional title: doktor/doktorica znanosti
The first year of the doctoral study programme can be entered by a student who finished:
- a study programme of the Second Degree;
- a higher education programme and a study programme for gaining a specialization, if he completes the study obligations in the amount of 30 to 60 ECTS, which is determined by the Study Commission based on the type of the undergraduate study programme and specialization;
- study programme from the fourth paragraph of the 36th article of ZViS (The Law of Higher Education) if it is evaluated as 300 ECTS (uniform study programme);
- four-year undergraduate study programme for gaining university education in public administration, law and social sciences (the second paragraph of the 16th article of ZViS).
The conditions and terms of enrolment are also fulfilled if a person finishes the equivalent education abroad.
FOR CITIZENS OF THE REPUBLIC OF SLOVENIA AND CITIZENS OF MEMBER STATES OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
20 for part-time study.
FOR ETHNIC SLOVENIANS WITHOUT SLOVENIAN CITIZENSHIP AND CITIZENS OF THIRD STATES
2 for part-time study.
Curriculum – 1st year
- Foreign Affairs and International Law
- Diplomacy and Diplomatic Law
- Proposal Preparation Seminar
- Writing of PhD thesis proposal
Curriculum – 2nd year
- The International Position and Foreign Affairs of Slovenia
- Defence of the dispositon of a doctoral dissertation with obligatory testing of the knowledge subjects
- Writing of the PhD thesis draft
- PhD Thesis Seminar
Curriculum – 3rd year
Preparation of the final PhD thesis, article and defense.