Study programme and level
|Lectures||Seminar||Tutorial||Other forms of study||Individual Work||ECTS|
- Basic questions of social theory and research.
- Values and ethics in the research process.
- Drafting, formatting and referencing expert and scientific works.
- Preparation and execution of the quantitative, qualitative and comparative research.
- Methods, tecniques and structure of qualitative research.
- Methods, tecniques and structure of quantitative research.
- Methods, tecniques and structure of comparative research.
- Case studies.
- Mixed methodological approaches.
- Legal writing and research.
- Reading and understanding legal texts, specificites of legal language.
- Preparation and execution of public presentation.
Objectives and Competences:
Students get acquainted with the main methodological tools in social sciences. They acquire the capacity of anticipation and solving of problems, use of IT, use of multidisciplinary knowledge and understanding of the complexity of social and cultural contexts, with an emphasis on the internal dynamics inside them. Active participation and production of the written seminar work will endow students with the required expert, methodological and critical insight in the contemporary social phenomena. The students will develop the capacity of forming research questions and hypothesis, choosing among research theories and disciplines. They will understand different methodological approaches, organization and execution of projects and be able to interpret and apply the findings.
Intended learnig outcomes
Knowledge and understanding:
The course ensures the fundamental framework for understanding of social processes. The students acquire the main methodological tools in social sciences and develops the capacity of anticipation and problems resolution.
Application of different methodological tools, techniques and approaches is a prerequisite for a successful and efficient analysis and understanding of social and cultural phenomena and processes. This translates directly into the capacity of developing original ideas, concepts and solutions to the scientific problems.
The course emphasizes interdisciplinary approaches, required in the disciplines of law, public administration and social and political sciences at large.