izr. prof. dr. Boštjan Brezovnik Visokošolski učitelj
Boštjan Brezovnik is an Associate Professor in the field of ‘Administrative Law and Public Administration Law’. After successfully finishing Higher Administrative School at the University of Ljubljana in 1996, he continued his studies at the Maribor Faculty of Law, where he graduated in 2000 and obtained his title master of science in 2003. Later, in 2008, he successfully defended his doctoral thesis at the Ljubljana Faculty of Law.
His scientific research activity deals mainly with the topics of public administration, administrative law, local self-government, finance law, public finances, public services and systems of fiscal decentralization with regional development. He published his work in different publications and is an author of plenty of scientific books in the field of public administration, local self-government, public services, and fiscal decentralization.
He cooperated in international research projects, mainly in the field of public administration, conducted by the UN, EU, OSCE, Council of Europe, Open Society Institute Budapest, KIPRED, USAID, and others. He is an alternate member of the Group of independent experts on the European Charter of local self-government (Council of Europe). He is head of numerous projects in the field of local self-government and regional development worldwide.
He participated in panels and conferences in USA, England, France, Italy, Serbia, Slovenia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Kosovo, and China. He lectured at Masaryk Faculty of Law (Brno, Czech Republic), Portucalense University Infante D. Henrique (Porto, Portugal) and Faculty of Business and Law, De Montfort University Leicester (Leicester, Great Britain), Faculty of Law, University of Maribor (Slovenia) and Faculty of Law, University of Ljubljana (Slovenia). He actively participates in developing scientific publishing field as the editor-in-chief of Lex localis – Jornal of Local Self-Government, editor of the catalog ‘Competences of the Slovenian municipalities’ and editor of ‘Official Gazette of Slovenian Municipalities’.
Reference nosilca/Lecturer's references
- BREZOVNIK, Boštjan, OPLOTNIK, Žan, MLINARIČ, Franjo, PADOVNIK, Srečko Aleksander, FINŽGAR, Mateja. Financing municipal tasks in Slovenia. Hrvatska i komparativna javna uprava : časopis za teoriju i praksu javne uprave, ISSN 1848-0357, 2019, god. 19, br. 2, str. 173-206, doi: 31297/hkju.19.2.1. [COBISS.SI-ID 5755691].
- TOPLAK, Jurij, BREZOVNIK, Boštjan. Information delayed is justice denied : lengthy procedures deny the right to access information = Kašnjenje informacije je nedostatak pravde : dugačke procedure spriječavaju pravo na pristup informaciji. Informatologia, ISSN 1330-0067, 2019, vol. 52, no. 1/2, str. 1-8. https://hrcak.srce.hr/index.php?show=clanak&id_clanak_jezik=325240, doi: 32914/i.52.1-2.1. [COBISS.SI-ID 5760555].
- FINŽGAR, Mateja, BREZOVNIK, Boštjan. Direct international comparison of EU member states fiscal decentralization systems with the conceptual index of fiscal decentralization (CIFD) in the context of European Charter of Local Self-Government (ECLSG). Transylvanian review of administrative sciences, ISSN 1842-2845, 2019, no. 56 E, str. 41-59. http://rtsa.ro/tras/index.php/tras/article/view/587, doi: 24193/tras.56E.3. [COBISS.SI-ID 5701419].
- BREZOVNIK, Boštjan, TOPLAK, Jurij. Administrative law in Slovenia. V: SCARCIGLIA, Roberto (ur.). Administrative law in the Balkans : case studies of comparative administrative law in Albania
- Bulgaria, Croatia, Serbia and Slovenia, (Quaderni giuridici, 7). [Padova]: Cedam, cop. 2012, str. -185. [COBISS.SI-ID4424747].
- MLINARIČ, Franjo, OPLOTNIK, Žan, BREZOVNIK, Boštjan. Key economic parameters for an optimal pharmacy network in a regulated environment. Transylvanian review of administrative sciences, ISSN 1842-2845, 2016, no. 49 E, str. 60-77. http://rtsa.ro/tras/index.php/tras/article/view/494,https://dk.um.si/IzpisGradiva.php?id=66878. [COBISS.SI-ID 5190955].
- BREZOVNIK, Boštjan. Izvajanje javnih služb in javno-zasebno partnerstvo, (Lex localis). Maribor: Inštitut za lokalno samoupravo in javna naročila, 2008. 278 str., ilustr. ISBN 978-961-91819-4-2. [COBISS.SI-ID 242644992]