Philosophical, Social and Legal Aspects of Religious Communities
Study programme and level
|Lectures||Seminar||Tutorial||Other forms of study||Individual Work||ECTS|
– The role of religion in societies (past and present).
– The role of Christianity in shaping the modern concept of the person.
– The political ethical significance of religion.
– Socially philosophical dilemmas concerning the relationship between religion and the state.
– Europe, democracy and Christianity.
– Christian social teaching and its importance for the creation of a modern democracy.
– The typology of possible forms of regulation of relations between religious communities and the state.
– Examples of state-church relationships.
– The constitutional bases for the regulation of the relationship.
– The principle of separation of church and state.
– Secularity of the state.
– Freedom of activity of religious communities.
– Legal status of churches and religious communities.
– Constitutional jurisdiction of the Constitutional Court of the Republic of Slovenia.
– The provisions of the ECHR and its jurisdiction.
– International standards for the protection of freedom of religion or belief.
– Religious freedom and the legal status of churches and religious communities in the regulation of the EU.